My elder daughters absolutely love mango nicecream so it is something we often have for breakfast. Although I made two separate colours here and mixed them together in the bowl you could also just blend everything together if you are short on time. If you want to decorate with flowers then violas are easy to buy at most garden centres and are completely edible. Even better if you can grow your own because then you will know that no nasty chemicals have been used on them.
I always have a bag full of peeled bananas in the freezer to use for nicecream. It is best to use the ones that are starting to go spotty, they make a creamier nicecream and are easier to chop when frozen! So if you ever end up with bananas in the fruit bowl that no one wants to eat then just peel and pop them in the freezer.
Looking for more breakfast recipes? Try my Wholemeal Pancakes with cherries and Choc Shot. Perfect for when you need something warmer, because who needs a head freeze on a cold day!
Mango and Berries Nicecream
- 1 mango
- 5 frozen bananas
- 8 juicy dried apricots
- 3 tbsp hemp seeds
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 1 cup frozen berries
- Step 1 Chop up the bananas. You may have to leave them a couple of minutes if they are very hard.
- Step 2 Blend everything together, except the berries, until smooth.
- Step 3 Scoop out about half the mixture from your blender and set aside (in the freezer if it is warm).
- Step 4 Add the berries to the blender and blend again.
- Step 5 Swirl the two colours together in your bowls and enjoy!