If you like to jazz up your tacos then you will love this recipe for Gold Pineapple and red pepper salsa. One of our favourite family meals is tacos and I love to make a really colourful salsa to go with them, especially at Christmas time. It is full of bright, fresh vegetables, coriander and limes and, of course, the all-important Gold Pineapple for a hit of sweetness.
I always keep a can of pineapple in the cupboard as it is much easier, creates less waste and it is a great addition to fruit salad or last-minute cake as well. This recipe features the new Del Monte® Gold Pineapple Chunks which are fantastically rich in colour and taste sweeter as the pineapple is left a little longer on the plant to ripen than standard varieties. Best of all, the tacos only take about 5 minutes to prepare, leaving more time to enjoy with the family.
An alternative Christmas Dinner
We haven’t actually decided on our Christmas dinner yet, but this is a top contender. We don’t tend to eat a very traditional Christmas dinner, as the kids don’t really like roast vegetables, or anything else for that matter outside a very narrow list of meals, but tacos always go down well! With the addition of Gold Pineapple, some extra avocado and vegan sour cream, it certainly makes for a very colourful celebratory dinner!
Pineapple and Red Pepper Salsa
Great, colourful, quick and easy salsa to perk up your tacos and tortillas.
- 1 red onion
- 1 red pepper
- 1 sweetcorn cob
- 1 t435g Del Monte® Gold Pineapple Chunks
- 1 large handful fresh coriander
- 1 lime, juice only
- 1 red chilli, optional
- Step 1 Finely chop the onion, pepper and coriander.
- Step 2 Cut the corn kernels off the cob. I stand mine on its end and slice down the way all around.
- Step 3 Cut the pineapple into smaller pieces, although you can also leave it in large chunks.
- Step 4 Juice the lime and finely chop the chilli, if using.
- Step 5 Mix everything together in a bowl, seasoning with salt to taste, and transfer into a serving dish. I like to make mine a little in advance and leave the flavours to mingle.
- Step 6 I Serve with flour tortillas and refried beans and an extra squeeze of lime on top. Let me know if you try it!
If you are looking for some dessert inspiration then try my Chocolate and Chia Doughnuts. They are quick to prepare and cook and fun to decorate too.
This is a paid advertorial for Del Monte® Gold Pineapple.